The 4.2 ka BP event in the Levant
David Kaniewski et al.
Total article views: 3,135 (including HTML, PDF, and XML)Cumulative views and downloads (calculated since 17 Jul 2018)Views and downloads (calculated since 17 Jul 2018)
Viewed (geographical distribution)
Total article views: 2,934 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 2,914 with geography defined and 20 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 1,648 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 1,631 with geography defined and 17 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 1,286 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 1,283 with geography defined and 3 with unknown origin.
24 citations as recorded by crossref.
- Olive growing in Puglia (southeastern Italy): a review of the evidence from the Mesolithic to the Middle Ages V. Caracuta 10.1007/s00334-019-00765-y
- Holocene regional population dynamics and climatic trends in the Near East: A first comparison using archaeo-demographic proxies A. Palmisano et al. 10.1016/j.quascirev.2020.106739
- Fossil leaf wax hydrogen isotopes reveal variability of Atlantic and Mediterranean climate forcing on the southeast Iberian Peninsula between 6000 to 3000 cal. BP J. Schirrmacher et al. 10.1371/journal.pone.0243662
- Spatial patterns of temperature, precipitation, and settlement dynamics on the Iberian Peninsula during the Chalcolithic and the Bronze Age J. Schirrmacher et al. 10.1016/j.quascirev.2020.106220
- Collapse and continuity: A multi-proxy reconstruction of settlement organization and population trajectories in the Northern Fertile Crescent during the 4.2kya Rapid Climate Change event D. Lawrence et al. 10.1371/journal.pone.0244871
- Dinocyst records from deep cores reveal a reversed salinity gradient in the Caspian Sea at 8.5–4.0 cal ka BP S. Leroy et al. 10.1016/j.quascirev.2019.02.011
- Reconstruction of palaeoenvironmental variability based on an inter-comparison of four lacustrine archives on the Peloponnese (Greece) for the last 5000 years J. Seguin et al. 10.5194/egqsj-69-165-2020
- Geoarchaeological investigation of the Quriyat coastal plain (Oman) T. Beuzen-Waller et al. 10.1016/j.quaint.2019.10.016
- The 4.2 ka event in the vegetation record of the central Mediterranean F. Di Rita & D. Magri 10.5194/cp-15-237-2019
- Anthropogenic influences and climate changes in Lake Hazar (eastern Turkey) during the Late Holocene D. Biltekin et al. 10.1016/j.quaint.2021.02.023
- A multi-proxy shallow marine record for Mid-to-Late Holocene climate variability, Thera eruptions and cultural change in the Eastern Mediterranean S. Avnaim-Katav et al. 10.1016/j.quascirev.2018.12.001
- Speleothems from the Middle East: An Example of Water Limited Environments in the SISAL Database . Burstyn et al. 10.3390/quat2020016
- Climate change: A driver of future conflicts in the Persian Gulf Region? A. Naderi Beni et al. 10.1016/j.heliyon.2021.e06288
- 20,000 years of societal vulnerability and adaptation to climate change in southwest Asia M. Jones et al. 10.1002/wat2.1330
- Climate as a factor for Neolithic cultural collapses approximately 4000 years BP in China Q. Sun et al. 10.1016/j.earscirev.2019.102915
- Stratigraphy and Chronology of Sodicho Rockshelter – A New Sedimentological Record of Past Environmental Changes and Human Settlement Phases in Southwestern Ethiopia E. Hensel et al. 10.3389/feart.2020.611700
- Mid–late Holocene event registered in organo-siliciclastic sediments of Lagoa Salgada carbonate system, southeast Brazil A. Soares Cruz et al. 10.5194/cp-15-1363-2019
- Middle- to late-Holocene fire history and the impact on Mediterranean pine and oak forests according to the core RF93-30, central Adriatic Sea A. Mercuri et al. 10.1177/0959683619846982
- 9000 years of human lakeside adaptation in the Ethiopian Afar: Fisher-foragers and the first pastoralists in the Lake Abhe basin during the African Humid Period L. Khalidi et al. 10.1016/j.quascirev.2020.106459
- The 4.2 ka BP Event in the Mediterranean region: an overview M. Bini et al. 10.5194/cp-15-555-2019
- The vegetation, climate, and fire history of a mountain steppe: A Holocene reconstruction from the South Caucasus, Shenkani, Armenia A. Cromartie et al. 10.1016/j.quascirev.2020.106485
- Beyond megadrought and collapse in the Northern Levant: The chronology of Tell Tayinat and two historical inflection episodes, around 4.2ka BP, and following 3.2ka BP S. Manning et al. 10.1371/journal.pone.0240799
- Egypt's Nile Delta in Late 4000 Years BP: Altered Flood Levels and Sedimentation, with Archaeological Implications J. Stanley 10.2112/JCOASTRES-D-19-00027.1
- Significant depositional changes offshore the Nile Delta in late third millennium BCE: relevance for Egyptology J. Stanley & S. Wedl 10.5194/egqsj-70-83-2021
Discussed (final revised paper)
Latest update: 01 Mar 2021